Cotonou airport. Broken suitcase handle.
Purchased € 8 in Nouakchott.
I got it for 8 €.
So, I have it wrapped. 100% packed the suitcase!
It’s normal, the student doing this is 100% …
The rainy season begins …
Flight without history or stories (video at the end of the story)
When landing I am asked for my boarding pass. That I have in my pocket. Unpublished dialogue.
- Your boarding pass
- This is the first time I am asked for my boarding pass
- As the plane leaves for Nairobi, I want to know if you are well in Douala.
- No need for my card. I’m fine in Douala.
- I need your boarding pass.
- As I land I do not have it anymore
- Okay then your luggage ticket
In short I get out anyway, but must confess … I keep this card piously …
At the exit of the airport, Ekolé asks me the luggage ticket to check if I take my suitcase well. Normal.
Reassured he launches me “Welcome to Cameroon.
May the braised fish be with you! ”
I admit that this one, it had never been done to me!
I imagine a customs officer in Roissy launch “Welcome to France; May the quiche Lorraine be with you! ”
But after all …
Expected at the airport by a relationship of Xavier, I am taken to Ramy, a French interior designer, friend of Xavier, who offered to host me …
You have seen the desk, a work of art!